Thomsons Online Benefits – SaaS Product Development
The objective was to extend the in-house development team by integrating a nearshore SCRUM team that could help design, develop and test functionality on:
- the company’s core SaaS product
- the ongoing development of a shrink wrapped product for their client, the UK Ministry of Defence.
Our role was to:
- augment their UK development team by integrating our developers and testers (as a standalone SCRUM team based in Romania) to deliver internal projects
- achieve successful knowledge transfer by integrating our staff into the client’s permanent UK teams for a short time
- apply this collaborative approach to delivering a complex SaaS product for one of their high profile clients.
The main technologies were the Microsoft .NET framework with SQL Server, and Rally as a SCRUM tool for distributed team delivery.
The team in Romania works seamlessly to augment the client’s team to successfully deliver to Thomsons Online Benefits’ requirements.